HOW DO I LISTEN TO A PODCAST?
If you want to stay on your computer, you can listen right here on this website by going to the Episodes page and choosing one that looks interesting.
Subscribing on your phone gives you lots more options for mobility. Here’s a great explanation of the various ways you can do that: https://www.thepodcasthost.com/listening/how-to-listen-to-a-podcast/
You can find Good Girls Talk About Sex on every major podcast service (including Spotify and Pandora) and in every major podcast app.
WHO SHOULD LISTEN?
Good Girls Talk About Sex has an explicit rating.
Based on emails, private messages, social media, etc., we understand the audience is to be made up of:
- cisgender adult females of all sexual preferences and sexual proclivities (not sure what cisgender means? I got you! Click here.)
- gender non-conforming people (transgender, non-binary, gender queer, etc.)
- and a higher-than-expected number of heterosexual cisgender men seeking to better understand their female partners.
WILL I LIKE THE SHOW?
The show’s conversations are warm, welcoming, and non-judgmental. You are likely to hear stories that reflect your own experiences of sex and sexuality and let you know that you’re not alone. You are also likely to hear stories that broaden your ideas about what is “normal” and introduce you to new things you might want to try!
You will probably like this show if:
- You enjoy late-night conversations with friends about sex
- You’ve ever wondered if your sexual needs/desires/fantasies are “normal”
- You’re curious about sex but don’t have anyone in your life to talk about it with
- You are a man who wants to learn more about your female partner’s inner life
You will probably not like this show if:
- You are uncomfortable hearing people talk about sex and their bodies in explicit terms
- You are uncomfortable with swearing and/or raw displays of emotion
- You believe sex should only happen between a man and a woman within the confines of marriage
CAN I LISTEN AT WORK?
Ummm… do you have headphones?
No, but really – I’ve heard from many listeners who listen at work. These conversations are not salacious, but they are explicit, so I definitely recommend headphones.
CAN MY TEENAGER LISTEN?
The show has an explicit rating and is for people 18 and over (though we’d argue that if more teenagers had access to good information about sex and sexuality, the world would be a healthier and more functional place.) If you think your teenager would get something out of listening to the show, I recommend that you listen together.
DO I NEED TO LISTEN TO EPISODES IN ORDER?
Nope. Dive in to anything that looks interesting!
CAN I WORK WITH YOU?
Absolutely! I am a Sex and Intimacy Coach and I love working with both individuals and couples.
I work with people who were brought up to be “good girls” and want to release old-fashioned beliefs about what is “normal”, so they can identify and advocate for their true sexual pleasure and satisfaction.
I work with women JUST LIKE YOU to reflect their true sexual nature back to them, without the judgment, shame, or fear that can get in the way of seeing it themselves.
I will guide you in embracing the sexuality that is innately yours, no matter what it looks like. I’m here to help you sink so deeply into your true sexuality that the version of yourself that was scared to speak up for her own needs feels like a mirage from another lifetime.
WHERE CAN I HEAR LEAH TALK MORE ABOUT HER OWN HISTORY?
There is an extensive library of me being interviewed by other podcasters, both about my personal history and my teaching. Here’s a great one to start with from Thick Thighs Save Lives:
I’M CONCERNED SOMETHING I WANT OR ENJOY ISN’T NORMAL…
Good news! I’ve set up a phone line where you can call and leave a message telling me about your concern. I promise that no one will answer the phone, so you can leave a message in peace. All messages are anonymous – you don’t need to leave your name and I’ll never know who you are.
By leaving a question on this line, you are granting me permission to answer your question in an upcoming podcast episode.
To leave a message call 720-GOOD-SEX (466-3739).