Inez is a 32-year-old, cis-gender woman who describes herself as white, heterosexual, married with children, and monogamous.
Inez is dealing with chronic illness and is in a currently sexless marriage.
Topics covered in this interview include: recovering personal pleasure after abuse/trauma, body image, chronic illness and its impact on sexual activity, and how a partner’s mental health diagnosis impacts the relationship.
Here are some of the great moments she shared with us:
- 5:40 – How it felt as an adult to tell her father about childhood sexual abuse
- 8:50 – The culture difference around sex between the Midwest of the United States vs. the west coast
- 12:33 – Discovering she was pregnant while on drugs
- 18:00 – How weight fluctuations affect her experience of sexuality
- 29:50 – How a partner having short stamina can be desirable for a survivor of sexual abuse
- 31:30 – How her partner violated consent and led to her feeling unsafe and cutting off sexual contact
- 39:05 – The Quick 5
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, Inez talks about the difficult relationship she had with her mother and stepfather and the effect that has on how she parents her own children.
- At the $7/month level, that conversation plus 20-plus Q&A questions in 10 minutes.
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
To learn about Sexual Communication Coaching, visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak