Shana is a 41-year-old, cis-gender woman who describes herself as biracial (half black/half white), heterosexual, monogamous and currently in a relationship.
Major themes explored in this episode include healing from old hurts, learning about consent, and discovering our own pleasure, rather than just focusing on pleasing our partner.
Here are some of the great moments Shana shared with us:
- 3:35 – How she came to relate running late to eroticism
- 9:48 – Her first sexual experience, and how it conditioned her to not trust white men
- 18:38 – The moment Shana first had intercourse and why it was so devastating … and why she pretended it was okay
- 21:30 – Why Shana has never felt comfortable calling that experience rape
- 27:27 – The expectation that women are supposed to please their partner and not ask for anything
- 28:18 – The conversation she had with her current lover after their first time having sex
- 32:00 – How tenderness and masculinity go hand-in-hand
- 34:30 – The Quick Five
To become a community supporter, visit www.Patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
The Patreon extras for this episode are:
- At the $5/month level, an extended conversation with Shana about how two men decided whether or not she had been raped, and how listening to other women tell their #MeToo stories has helped her
- At the $7/month level, that conversation plus an extra 12 minutes of Q&A
- At the $10/month level, all that plus a monthly Ask Me Anything!
If you like this show, please leave a rating and review at https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617?mt=2.
Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest and let me know that you’re interested. I’d love to talk with you!
Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music by – Nazar Rybak