After having a baby, a mom is left feeling alone in the process of re-learning her body. Leah explains why it’s more than okay to seek support, and how that can generate its own kind of healing.
- 1:31 – A listener gave birth 3 years ago, and is still struggling with her altered body. She asks if she’s supposed to deal with it on her own, or if she can ask per partner for support.
- 2:06 – Leah shares her own struggle with body image, starting at a young age, and how hearing healing words from others is what finally broke through her negative internal messaging.
- 5:06 – Our culture harmfully socializes us to believe that radical independence in all areas is not only possible, but the goal.
- 6:35 – Sometimes our partners hold keys to our healing. Leah shows the listener how to start the conversation.
- 11:43 – Podcast recommendation:
- A Mind Full of Everything with Agrita – Do you ever find yourself overwhelmed by thoughts on a regular basis? Agrita explores the deep thoughts that leave her questioning why certain things are how they are, and the questions she’s eager to find answers to – from global issues like climate change to self-improvement and everything in between.
- The elephant episode – https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/mind-full-of/beautifulplanet-lessons-from-nhKBeA-t1PV/
- Website – https://mindfullofeverything.home.blog
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/mindfullofeverything_pod/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/mindfullofeverything
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/mindfull_agrita
- Pinterest – https://www.pinterest.com/mindfullofeverything
Book a PJ Party!!! All the info and registrations are at www.leahcarey.com/pjparty
FACEBOOK GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/goodgirlstalk
HAVE A QUESTION?: Leave a voicemail for Leah at 720-GOOD-SEX (720-466-3739)
PATREON: Become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
RATE THIS POD: Leave a rating and review at www.ratethispodcast.com/goodgirls
BE A GUEST: Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest
COACHING: Want to talk with Leah directly? Visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching
Music – Nazar Rybak