Leah talks about a consent violation she experienced during medical care last year, and also shares her insights into her own fear around exercising.
- 1:52 – Leah begins by sharing about her quarantine weight gain, which led her to confront a lifetime’s worth of avoidance issues around exercise — and an insight into how that mirrors the effects a negative body image had on safety in her sex
- 3:52 – Leah shares a traumatic memory of assault at age 12 at the hands of her father.
- 6:55 – Built-in responses to trauma complicate our culture’s idea that pushing through weight loss difficulties is just about
- 11:05 – Early socialization and sexualization for those who grew up in girl bodies adds further trauma and mixed messaging.
- 13:35 – Leah talks about an experience of violation of consent during a visit to a new Boldly, she addresses it after the visit.
- Evelin Dacker’s Good Girls Talk About Sex episode –
- Stand up to medical consent violations –
Book a PJ Party!!! All the info and registrations are at www.leahcarey.com/pjparty
FACEBOOK GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/goodgirlstalk
HAVE A QUESTION?: Leave a voicemail for Leah at 720-GOOD-SEX (720-466-3739)
PATREON: Become a community supporter at www.patreon.com/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
RATE THIS POD: Leave a rating and review at www.ratethispodcast.com/goodgirls
BE A GUEST: Want to be on the show? Visit www.leahcarey.com/guest COACHING: Want to talk with Leah directly? Visit www.leahcarey.com/coaching Host – Leah Carey (website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email)
Music – Nazar Rybak