This downloadable press kit has high-res photos, logos, one sheets, and multiple lengths of bios for you to copy and paste:
ABOUT THE SHOW
Good Girls Talk About Sex is a conversation where ALL kinds of women talk about their experience of sex and female sexuality.
Launched in January 2019, the show was the result of Leah Carey’s own sexual awakening at age 42. She went on an unexpected and WAY outside-the-lines sexual journey for the better part of a year in 2017-2018. As she was having threesomes, traveling to a Jamaican sex resort, and reconnecting with her body, she was sharing her adventures with a tight-knit group of girlfriends around the world. The more she shared, the more they wanted to know. Soon, they were sharing their own stories and questions with Leah in return. That’s when Leah realized there is a deep hunger for these real, raw, and revelatory conversations.
Each conversation is a deep-dive into one woman’s sexual history (including transgender and gender nonconforming people): what they learned about sex while growing up, how they discovered their own sexuality, and what their sex life is like today.
Guests have told stories about (click to go to a representative episode):
- Exploring BDSM for the first time
- Transitioning between genders
- Healing from childhood abuse
- Exploring swinging
- Sex while aging
- Hatred of sex
- Sex work
- Sex in long-distance relationships
- Sex and body image issues
- Lesbian sex
- Navigating sex and depression
- Sex and religion (Mormonism, Judaism, Christianity, Islam, etc.)
- Sex with chronic illness and/or disability
- And SO MUCH MORE!
WHO IS THE SHOW FOR?
Good Girls Talk About Sex has an explicit rating and is for people 18 and over (though we’d argue that if more teenagers had access to good information about sex and sexuality, the world would be a healthier and more functional place.)
The majority of listeners are cisgender adult females of all sexual preferences and sexual proclivities. A portion of the audience are gender non-conforming people (transgender, non-binary, gender queer, etc.). There are a higher-than-expected number of listeners who are heterosexual men seeking to better understand their female partners.
These demographics are based on the messages and other feedback that Leah receives via email, private messages, social media, etc.
WILL I LIKE THE SHOW?
The show’s conversations are warm, welcoming, and non-judgmental. You are likely to hear stories that reflect your own experiences of sex and sexuality and let you know that you’re not alone. You are also likely to hear stories that broaden your ideas about what is “normal” and introduce you to new things you might want to try!
You will probably like this show if:
- You enjoy late-night conversations with friends about sex
- You’ve ever wondered if your sexual needs/desires/fantasies are “normal”
- You’re curious about sex but don’t have anyone in your life to talk about it with
- You are a man who wants to learn more about your female partner’s inner life
You will probably not like this show if:
- You are uncomfortable hearing people talk about sex and their bodies in explicit terms
- You are uncomfortable with swearing and/or raw displays of emotion
- You believe sex should only happen between a man and a woman within the confines of marriage
In Good Girls Talk About Sex, people are telling their real, lived stories of sexuality which means there are frequently stories of abuse and assault. These stories, and the people telling them, are treated with deep respect and empathy, which frequently ends in the interviewee finding a moment of healing.
At the beginning of every episode, Leah tells her audience, “If you’re looking for a trigger warning, you’re not going to get it from me. I believe that you are stronger than the trauma you have experienced. I have faith in your ability to deal with the things that upset you.”
ABOUT HOST LEAH CAREY
Leah Carey is a Sex and Intimacy Coach and host of the podcast Good Girls Talk About Sex. She works with women who want to move beyond laying-back-and-accepting-whatever-their-partner-does-to-them, and are ready to become equal co-creators of their sexual experience.
This work was not an obvious life choice for Leah.
Growing up with an abusive father, she learned to be a VERY “good girl.” She got involved in a series of emotionally abusive relationships, always convinced that SHE was the problem – not pretty enough, smart enough, or sexual enough. Because she wasn’t having pleasure during sex, she also decided she was broken.
At age 42, with both parents gone and no siblings, Leah finally put aside the family mythology of the “good girl.” She challenged her old beliefs about worthiness, attractiveness, and desirability.
Today, Leah works with women JUST LIKE YOU to reflect their true sexual nature back to them, without the judgment, shame, or fear that can get in the way of you seeing it for yourself.
She will guide you in embracing the sexuality that is innately yours, no matter what it looks like. Her clients sink so deeply into their true sexuality that the old version of themselves that was scared to speak up for their own needs feels like a mirage from another lifetime.
Episodes are released every Thursday morning.
WEBSITES and CONTACT:
- Podcast website: www.goodgirlstalk.com
- Leah Carey’s website: www.leahcarey.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUPPORT THE SHOW:
SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS:
- Private Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goodgirlstalk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/goodgirlstalk/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/goodgirlstalk
PODCAST DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS:
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/id1436501617
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/2kjM8hmsTrCggALUYmfCo5
- Pandora: https://www.pandora.com/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex/PC:26089
- Libsyn: https://directory.libsyn.com/shows/view/id/goodgirlstalkaboutsex
- Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/good-girls-talk-about-sex
- Listen Notes: https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/good-girls-talk-about-sex-leah-carey-17UIAMJfD20/
- Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2dvb2RnaXJsc3RhbGthYm91dHNleC5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw?sa=X&ved=0CAIQ4aUDahcKEwjQzuzChbLrAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQBA
- RSS: https://goodgirlstalkaboutsex.libsyn.com/rss
As of July 2020:
- 60-day downloads – 2000
- Consistently in the top 100 of the Sexuality category in the United States (peak position: 25)
- 4.8 rating on Apple Podcasts
PREVIOUSLY FEATURED ON
An archive of previous appearances is at https://www.leahcarey.com/as-heard-on/
Questions? Comments? Looking for more information? Want to feature Leah and Good Girls Talk About Sex in an upcoming interview or publication? Awesome! Email Leah@GoodGirlsTalkAboutSex.com or fill out the contact form.